I stole this from my girl. Here's the rules:
* Pick fifteen of your favorite movies.
* Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
* Post them here for everyone to guess.
* Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
* NO Googling or using IMDb search functions.
Some of these should be easy, some are more obscure. Good luck. And now, here are the quotes:
I am sorely disappointed in all of you. Only my girl made any guesses at all. Answers have now been provided, since it's been almost a week.
1. In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. Braveheart
Person 1: This, my friend, is a pint. Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring ID'd by my girl via e-mail
Person 2: It comes in pints?
But you fog things up! You always have. You spin me about. I wish like hell you were elsewhere. Serenity ID'd by my girl via e-mail
Come on. Do I look like the mother of the future? I mean, am I tough, organized? I can't even balance my checkbook! Terminator ID'd by my girl via e-mail
5. The last of the V8 Interceptors--a piece of history! Would've been a shame to blow it up. The Road Warrior
6. Wanna hear another theory? This Fasil was so upset about the lousy wrestling tonight, that he went down to the garage and in a fit of depression cut off his own head! Highlander
7. I don't know what to do with this guy, Henry. He's an Irishman who doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, and doesn't chase dames. He's a grand knight in the Knights of Columbus, and he only goes out to play faro. Sometimes plays 15 or 20 hours at a time, just him against the house. The Sting
8. Gimme back my hand . . . GIMME BACK MY HAND! Evil Dead II
9. My mommy always said there were no monsters. No real ones. But there are. Aliens
10. My only true love, darling. I live for furs. I worship furs! After all, is there a woman in all this wretched world who doesn't? 101 Dalmations
11. What a fitting end to your life's pursuits. You're about to become a permanent addition to this archaeological find. Who knows? In a thousand years, even you may be worth something. Raiders of the Lost Ark
12. I'm sure it's just over the next one. As I was saying, only a quarter of the desert is covered with sand. Operation Condor
13. Well, well. Here we are. You have exactly eight hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you're here. You may not talk, you will not move from these seats. Any questions? Breakfast Club
14. Dad, I may not be the best, but I come to believe that I got it in me to be somebody in this world. And it's not because I'm so different from you either, it's because I'm the same. I mean, I can be just as hard-headed, and just as tough. I only hope I can be as good a man as you. October Sky
15. Dear Diary: My teen-angst bullshit now has a body count. Heathers
Posted at 2/17/2008 6:23:07 pm by PhilM