Since I have nothing better to talk about, I thought I'd entertain y'all with another of my Mini Movie Madness quizzes. For those unfamiliar with this annual semi-bi-weekly post of the month, here's how it works: I have (somewhat) randomly selected five movies from my video/DVD collection that have not previously been used in one of my Movie Madness posts; I then (somewhat) randomly select a scene; from there I have selected a quote. Below, you shall find these five quotes--one from each film. Your task is to guess what movies they are from. This go 'round, I've selected a few more obscure movies, just to make it a bit of a challenge. Though, really, "obscure" depends upon your point of view, I suppose. And not all of them are obscure, so I'm not really sure why I brought that up. Oh, and don't even think about Googling (or Yahooing, or Dogpiling, or any other search engining) for the answers because that would be cheating, you cheating cheater. Ready? Set! Go!!
- "The police said it was an accident. He'd come home late one night and fell down an elevator shaft . . . onto some bullets." --Mystery Men, answered by Happy Villain
- "That's too many troops to be a raiding party. There's power behind it." --Gettysburg, answered by Happy Villain
- "If a fox stole your chickens, would you slaughter your pig because he saw the fox? No. You would hunt the fox, find it where it lives and destroy it." --Red Dawn, answered by Happy Villain
- "I don't like cellars. Let's just close it up. It's probably just some animal." --Evil Dead, answered by Happy Villain
- "Even a big bitch cockroach like you should know . . . Never, but never fuck with the King." --Bubba Ho-Tep, answered by Happy Villain
Posted at 6/30/2006 6:54:13 am by PhilM